Tuesday, October 14, 2008

the waiting game begins.....

Steve Jobs did as his name implies. The keynote was awesome! I am so freakin' excited! I was on the Apple Store page as soon as it went back online. I have been planning this for months and the time is finally here. I had enough loan money set aside just for this purpose. I purchased my brand new Macbook Pro with these specs:

15.4" LED-backlit glossy widescreen display (1440 x 900 resolution)
2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo processor w/6MB shared L2 cache
4 GB DDR3 1066MHz SDRAM
250 GB HDD @7200rpm
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M & NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT w/512MB GDDR3 memory
New Mini DisplayPort for video output & aluminum unibody design
Plus all the Apple standards: Superdrive, 802.11n, Bluetooth, iSight, Gigabit Ethernet, Firewire 800, & 2 USB ports

I'm a little disappointed in not having an option for a matte display or HDMI or Blu-ray but oh well. A couple disappointments among many amazing new things. The graphics will be so much better with NVIDIA chipsets, plus with the ability to switch between the integrated and discrete graphics it will really help with battery life (rated 4hrs w/discrete and 5hrs w/integrated). I can't wait for this thing to arrive. It will definitely carry me a long time. I decided to future proof myself and get the upgraded processor. I also got AppleCare plus my warranty is already extended for an extra year (thank you American Express) so I'm covered for 4 years on this thing. I hope this gets here faster than the estimated delivery date. I'm ecstatic beyond belief!

Haha I'm a nerd.

No comments: